Live in the Seattle or Portland area? Think you have what it takes to catch a photo of the elusive Sasquatch? We here at Schilling Cider are here to guide you on your next adventure!
1) SOLVE THE RIDDLE
Scroll down to choose either Seattle or Portland. We've chosen 5 riddles for each city that will lead you to a special landmark. If you need a hint, ask us! We're happy to give clues.
2) VENTURE TO THE SECRET SPOT
Travel by land or sea, hand or feet, to the landmark the riddle led you to! Go alone, with a quarantine buddy, or with a furry friend and make sure you aren't being followed (the treasure is YOURS!)
3) SNAP A PICTURE POSING AS A SASQUATCH
Ok, time to get creative! This is where you may need a buddy or a tripod. Snap a picture posing as the quintessential sasquatch in front of the landmark. Extra points for incorporating props (ahem, BOOMBOX?)
4) SEND TO THE SCHILLING TEAM!
Post the photo on Instagram (or your story) and tag @SchillingCider AND #LocalLegendSighting *profile must be public. Not one for social media (or have a private account)? Send the picture to and our team will direct you to your prize.
5) WIN SWAG!
ANYONE who sends a picture at the correct landmark is GUARANTEED to win swag. Check out the prizes!
Note: prizes will be available for pickup at Schilling Cider House Seattle and Schilling Cider House Portland.
1 picture =
2 LOCAL LEGEND KOOZIES
3 PICTURES =
A LOCAL LEGEND HAT
5 PICTURES =
A LOCAL LEGEND SWEATSHIRT AND
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
(BOTH CITIES) =
TIN TACKER AND SOCIAL MEDIA SHOUTOUT
1) RIP Sonics. But whenever something perishes, something else rises up and grows from the same soil - flowers rising up like Trufulla trees.
2) Schilling, we have liftoff! Wish us luck on our journey from the center of the earth to the moon.
3) Howdy partner - these big boots are made for walking, and I tip my hat to whoever finds them.
4) Henry and Archie, where do your sasquatches ride bikes, play the guitar, hike, hold flowers, walk into a toy store, and play minigolf? That’s too many places, how about you reveal the spot of just one?
5) Look through this peephole to catch a sight of the Space Needle. It’s a darker side of Seattle, but beyond me, there is light. (Cough cough.... Soundgarden)
1) Beavers, deer, ducks, otters, seals, bears, oh my! When the temperature rises, find these woodland creatures taking a dip in an unexpected place.
2) Where does a man tower above nearby buildings? No human is taller than this lumberjack.
3) Facing Burnside Bridge, this neon sign marks the city. During christmas, you may even see a red nose!
4) Small green archers have been reported throughout downtown. Are you a believer?
5) Lean back and take a break, you’re almost at the finish line! While this friend isn’t furry, it’s here to provide repose.